Accountant - KNC 7 - Short Term Contract
Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Remuneration: Monthly Gross –Ksh. 59,085
Terms Short: Term Employment (6 Months Contract)
Function of the Accounting Unit
The accounting division exists to perform the following functions: accounting policies development; managing accounts payable (money out); managing accounts receivable and revenue tracking (money in), handling payments; taxation and cash flow control, revenue collection and receipting; cash security; reconciliation of payments; inventory management; debtors collection; monitoring property accounting; cost analysis; preparation of accounting reports and security of accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible to the accountant for implementation of the tasks of the Accounts Division in a result oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets. This will entail inter alia:
- Availing information to customers when necessary, upon request and escalate where unable to avail;
- Receiving and verifying invoices/claims/imprest request from suppliers/staff and posting in appropriate registers and forwarding to Finance Manager for authorization;
- Receiving authorized requests (claims, invoices, imprest) and processing (prepare voucher/warrant) and capturing of the payment;
- Receipting of cash/revenue received immediately upon recognition
- Posting of payments and receipts in the cashbook daily;
- Performing monthly bank reconciliation;
- Preparing, updating and reconciling creditor, debtors and general ledgers and providing debtors report;
- Preparing remittance advices for suppliers;
- Preparing weekly payment status report, itemising pending payments; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Academic & Professional
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business management (Finance or Accounting option) or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
-Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
1. Submit copies of Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic Papers, National Identity Card, NSSF and NHIF.
2. Send application in a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO P. O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
3. Submit hard copies of the above documents at KNATCOM Offices.
4. Hand delivered application forms should be submitted at the KNATCOM reception 16th
Floor, National Bank Building –Harambee Avenue.
5. The deadline for submission of all applications is 16th December 2022 at 5.00 pm.
6. All applicants MUST fill and sign the job applications register when submitting their applications.
i). Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
ii). Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.